Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Big L's Occupational Therapy

Today we went to Touchstone which is where Landen gets his OT. Dana, who is his therapist, says that he is just "way too social". That's a good thing, right? Well it is, but not for therapy. Landen would much rather watch you talk to him and laugh at your funny voices than care what kind of toy or rattle you are shaking at him. He doesn't care that you have this REALLY cool toy that lights up and sings songs to him, he doesn't care if his bottle is right in front of him, because he's not going to reach for it. He however does like to watch people. If he's in the floor, he likes his head turned towards the door because he wants to see what's going on out there. He wants everyone to walk by and talk to him (in those silly baby voices) just so he can laugh at you.He would rather watch all the other children working really hard on his/her therapy and smile at them like they are suckers for not being "as social". He especially liked watching this little boy named George playing with his trucks. I can see the wheels turning in his head while he's watching them. I wonder if he's thinking "I wish I could do that, or will I ever be able to do that?" He will!!  
Hey...Look at that squirrel!
So, what did we accomplish today during the hour therapy session? Not much! The therapist learned a couple of things though... Dana learned NOT to bounce me on the big ball b/c that makes my tummy turn and I end up blowing chunks. She also learned that I'm too lazy to try to sit up by myself, so why is she trying so hard to get me to do it?
We have PT next week...I wonder how that will go?  haha
After a long day of therapy and shopping!
I'll leave you with a picture of Landen at the end of a long day of therapy and shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment