Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Wednesday, October 26, 2011

???????

Ok so I have been writing in my journal every time Landen throws up this month. Today is the 25th and he has thrown up 17 days out of the 25. I don't mean a little spit up either! What's sad is I have taken a few pictures of his vomit so I could show Jean and Dr Troup just how much throw up there is! Today we went to Shriner's Hospital in Greenville and had a UA and a CT series to look at his shunt and Urine. Let me tell you that Landen went completely ballistic during the CT. Midway through the procedure he threw up and they had to stop and clean him up and change everything on the table. Next I had to LAY ON TOP of my baby and hold his chin so tight that I left marks, just to get a good series of pictures. I had the aroma of spoiled pediasure on me, Landen's hair had that same aroma as well as his clothes and let's just say...The name Dr Troup made him freak the heck out. The rad. tech and nurse made a note that the next CT series he would need "sedation" oh how I love that word! I asked if I could be sedated too but they didn't like my sense of humor? ( It was a joke people)
Both test were completely normal. Huh?? Ok, so now what?  Possibly a MRI next week to evaluate his Chiari Malformation. Now we are just waiting on Dr Troup to call us and let us know what to do.

On a lighter note, Landen is doing great with his walker. Of course we have to help him get his right leg moving but he's standing all by himself and even pulls up to the walker in a standing position all by himself. This little guy has some upper body strength let me tell you. :)  We are still waiting on his wheelchair and I am hoping that it comes before Christmas.

Sometimes I feel like Landen gets treated like a "show dog". We think our little guy is a genius and the smartest cookie around so we like to show off everything that he knows. Today he showed Jean Brown(an amazingly smart woman at Shriner's..who we love and wouldn't know what we would do without her) all of his knowledge. He showed her where his eyes, ears, nose, hair, button (belly button), butt, back, and teeth were. He gave her "fist bumps" ( bubba taught him this), showed her how he can stand up, showed her all the sign language he knows and repeated several words and even told her what a sheep says. Of course this was AFTER all the tests were completed and NO Dr Troup around! :)   I love that he is learning so much but that just means that he is growing up...which makes me a very very sad momma!

I would post pictures of this past weekend at the pumpkin patch but the pictures were downloaded to daddy's work computer. Will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment