Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I WILL NEVER DO THAT

Before I had children I used to say, "I will NEVER do that when I become a parent." I would say to myself, "How hard is it to take a wipe and clean those nasty faces, or I'd gag seeing a mom wipe her kids nose with her shirt, or "give in" to a screaming child (spoiled brat..I'd like to spank that child myself)when a mom would spit on her fingers to clean her childs face(that's sick)I will NEVER cook several meals just because my child is a picky eater..they'll eat it or starve,I will never let my children just sit and watch tv, they need to be active, oh and who in the world lets their kids eat food that they just dropped on the floor(sicko's)I will never take my kids out in public looking like rug rats...I could go on and on about the things I used to say I would NEVER EVER do once I became a parent because how hard could it be?? That was obviously BEFORE motherhood.

Now, lets take a glimpse into what I have become...

Sometimes I look at Landen(my 8 1/2 mos old) and see dried cereal on his face and wonder "Oh my, how long has that been stuck there?"

We will go to Walmart and I'll notice I didn't get all the throw up off his shirt OR MINE...Oh who cares it's a fashion statement!

What's that smell?? Oh, he pooped! I forgot to bring in his bag...He can wait until we get to the car!

Lexi will say, "Mom, Landen's nose is running or he has a big booger in his nose." The shirt sleeve comes out before I can even get to a wipe! (I know that's so nasty..while I read this I am thinking "Tosh, really?") Hey, it's eco friendly. Think of all the tissues you could save! =)

TV for Lexi and Zach was like a sedative...It would paralyze them for longer than 30 minutes at a time. That's the only time I could go to the bathroom or shower without my kids at my ankles. Did they watch too much t.v....absolutely. You should try it before you judge me, it's wonderful.

And as far as me, who needs expensive perfume when you can smell like vomit all day. Oh the sweet aroma of spoiled milk.

As far as dropped food...It's no longer a 5 second rule...it's a 5 minute rule, it won't hurt them.

And something that I said I would NEVER EVER do...take my kids out looking like rug rats. I've been told it gets easier after the first time.=)  I must say that that is a true statement. I have now taken Zach out with bed head, his teeth were not brushed, landen still in pj's (at 4pm), and dried,smelly throw up on my shirt.Yikes! That is a little hard to admit! What happen to me?? I have become that mom that I said I would NEVER EVER be! My brother in law USED to say that I looked like I just stepped out of a fashion magazine...now I have bed head, pj's on, smell like throw up...but that's just how I roll! =)

The thing I miss most~

SLEEP..Zzzzzz   huh? I feel like I run on empty all day. Getting up at 7am is like a vacation! Not having kids sleep in the room? What's that? My son, Zach, has some anxiety issues and sometimes wakes up throughout the night. I can recall several times that he has "knocked" on my forehead and told me he had a bad dream..."ok, well what do you want me to do?" Landen wakes up and cries randomly throughout the night so I'll bring him to his portable crib in our room. I wake up tripping over the pallet in the floor that Zach has made at 3:45am. The bags under my eyes are now permanent fixtures on my 36 yr old face. Someday I know that I will sleep again.I must, I must, I must!!

I know I must sound like I am complaining but I truly wouldn't change my life in ANY WAY! Ok, so I run on empty quiet often, my diet consist of cookies, soda and whatever is easiest to grab and go, my wardrobe is no longer "dress up" clothes, it's comfy pants and oversized shirts and my idea of romance is getting a 5 minute back rub from my husband. Our date nights consist of us grabbing Taco Bell or whatever is cheapest and coming home to watch Cops,AMW,and 48 Hrs mystery, my idea of "me time" is being able to take a shower without hearing "Mom Sis told me to shut up", "Zach did...whatever", "Mom can I go outside and shoot squirrels", "Mom Landen is crying", "Mom can I come in I have to go potty"  (and it's not like we only have 1 bathroom but they have to use the bathroom that I am in). Again, I could go on and on and on and on...you get the point!

This is my life and I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment