Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

MY RANT FOR THE DAY!!!!

As I look around my house I see many things that make me cringe. These are things that I am sure NO mom would have ever invented. I am convinced that some grey haired man in a suit that sits behind a desk all day came up with these terrible inventions...

Let me just say that I am thinking about changing everything in my house to brown... brown carpet...better yet, let me just get hardwoods. couches,curtains,walls,floors,cabinets,towels, and of course light switches. I'm pretty sure no mom with small children would ever make anything white! Sometimes I ask myself,"How on earth did Landen get peaches or sweet potatoes on the light switch? And let me just say that trying to clean up sweet potatoes and peaches out of your carpet is no easy job either.(especially when it's throw up)and poop on a white towel....yeah, good luck getting that out!

Ok, so I am a neat freak and I LOVE a clean house, lines in my carpet, fresh linens on my bed, bathrooms smelling like bleach, no finger prints on mirrors, no dust on my ceiling fans.... I have a friend who absolutely loves her vacuum. It has a light switch on it that tells her when her carpet is clean so she can move on to the next spot. Now before Landen I would have a field day with that thing but now, It takes me long enough to clean my floors without some light making me feel guilty if I move on before it tells me I can. I just don't need that kind of pressure when I vacuum, people! Not only that, but carpet just makes me mad! It's a germ catching, fruit snack grabbing, and always muddy when it rains pain in my rear!!! And speaking of vacuums, why are they (or is it just mine) louder than my car engine? A mother would NEVER invent anything that would wake up an infant/toddler from miles away! You would think I was a crazed lunatic if you saw me trying to clean my house only when Landen is sleeping...hey, that's the only time I can! So why on earth would I run my vacuum when he's sleeping???

Body by victoria? Seriously, I know this is not technically an invention but I get so sick of seeing these young women on these commercials with boobie jobs and liposuction, ok maybe not liposuction but you can tell they definitely haven't had children saying "I love my body." I'm sure you do princess, you've never pushed an 8 lb baby out, never breast fed a baby to leave you with saggy boobs and stretch marks! Why not have commercials with REAL moms that have had children, have stretch marks, several gray hairs and a few, ok 20 extra lbs saying "I love my body." Now that's a real commercial.

OK to a different subject~(Since we are talking about cleaning)

A few random signs you've waited toooooo long to clean your house! People these are not ALL mine!

1. Your clean laundry has become fixed items on your couch that your children just don't notice it anymore and they just plop down on top of it to watch t.v.

2. The unidentifiable stuff on your childs wall will not come off with bleach, hot water and soap, or that "goof off" stuff won't touch it either and your only other option is to paint over it!(no this has not happened to me yet)

3. After you Windex your windows, your kids run face first into the door because they thought the door was open.(this happened to me as a child but NO it hasn't happened in our house)

4. You actually just throw away dishes because the dried food on them has turned into a cement compound. Again, not me but my brother has done this! (Sorry Dwayne)my late brother Wesley would do this too!!=)

5. You have to wash a load of laundry three times because you have forgotten to put the laundry in the dryer and your clothes have spoiled. Sooooo nasty and yes I have done this!! 

Speaking of a clean home, I have lots to do today and I'll be running around like a crazed lunatic trying to clean up while Landen is napping!

One last thing~

Since this blog is supposed to be dedicated to Landen and for us to be able to reach out to others with special babies with SB I feel like I need to give an update on our monkey! I feel like I have stolen this webpage from him to rant and rave about my daily activities and things that irritate me...there I go again...

Monkey: He's doing quiet well, REALLY REALLY well!!!!!! We are still waiting on his stander, you know how insurance companies are.( That's a whole new post at another time)

We had to cancel his appt at Shriners during the month of Jan due to the snow. =(   I was not happy about that. I LOVE going to the Shriners Hospital. So now we go back in Feb. and hopefully will be fitted for his AFO's at that time.

Landen still takes a daily antibiotic so he will not get a bladder infection. We are thankful that we don't have to catherize him yet.

Landen gets smarter and smarter every day!! I could just sit and watch him play and manipulate his toys, try to put his gamecocks hat on his head and talk back to his toys.(It's so cute)

We are starting to plan his 1st birthday. I know it's not until April, but hey, this is a special day for our Monkey so we have to go ALL OUT for our little Rock Star!!!!


I JUST LOVE THAT LITTLE BOY!

                                Ok, it's nap time.....time to start my engine and get cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment