Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Thursday, February 10, 2011

SHRINERS VISIT

It was a long day of seeing Dr's but alot was accomplished. His Urologist says that his bladder/VCUG test was good so we still don't need to cath him and we are waiting for his scheduling nurse to call so we can get Landen's circumcision set up.

His Neuro (Dr Troup...who we LOVE) said everything looks great with his shunt, it's working like it should so we don't have to have another CT for another 3 months.

Ortho... Landen was fitted for his AFO's and we will be picking those up on April 28th. They didn't have any real cute boy patterns so we did the white AFO with a Gamecock on the back. I'll "boy" it up when we get them.

Little Monkey has learned to shake his head no, so when Dr Troup peeked his head in the door yesterday, he asked Landen if could come in and Landen shook his head NO, and kept shaking his head no! It was so cute and Dr Troup thought so as well.

After we were finished at Shriners, we were sent down the road to this prosthetic/orthotic place where Landen was casted for his AFO's. I wish I had had my camera b/c bless the young guys heart who was trying to put casts on both of Landen's legs. Landen has limited movement is his R leg and he moves the L leg really well...Wellll, he decided to be a wiggle worm and kick his legs like a crazed lunatic while the boy was trying to cast him. He had to start over 3 times b/c Landen wouldn't be still. I can't remember the guys name but he was trying to talk to Landen and preoccupy him while he did his job but everthing he said to Landen, Landen just shook his head no! I assure you I wasn't just sitting there laughing I was indeed trying to help.
Oh...and don't let me forget to tell you about his little "accident" before we were even seen by the Dr's @ Shriners.

Let me just start by saying that my nose has been stopped up and I can't smell anything or taste anything right now but I DO know that when my son is really quiet and sitting still he's making a really dirty diaper for me. Landen was extremely quiet for the last 15 minute drive to Shriners but I didn't think anything about it b/c he has been sick himself plus he had just awakened from a long nap. Well, I get the stroller out, play peek-a-boo for a minute with him before I reach in to get him out of the car seat and I smell something funky and his diaper is a little more squishy than normal and his legs feel a little wet..."Oh crap" literally!
We get upstairs wait to check in(because there are several people walking in, I want to get checked in first so we don't have to wait so long)Now the smell is not really bothering me b/c my nose is stopped up but it has to be pretty bad b/c I smell it a little(sorry to the people behind me)... Landen is getting a little cranky( I find it amazing that he HATES to have a dirty diaper but he can't even feel anything from waist down??)He knows when he has made a dirty diaper some how?? After we get checked in, bracelet on, Landen got a stuffed animal(as he does everytime he goes)we head to the changing table..dun dun dun..... I take his shoes off, then the socks, pull the pants off and the poop is EVERYWHERE!!! All down his legs, up his back, up his front side."Geez kid, could you not have waited until we got home so I could have given you a bath"? It took me 20 minutes and an entire bag of wipes to get him cleaned up. It's not easy trying to clean a boy when all he wants to do is grab his "peeper". I'm trying to hold 2 legs up, wipes in the other hand, and keep him from grabbing a poopy peeper.. not easy!!! He had poop all on his hands etc. Needless to say, the clothes went in the trash can and I disposed of that trash bag.(sorry people of Shriners hospital if you used the bathroom after Landen was in there..sorry for the stinch, and sorry that you had no trash bag in the trash can)

What a day...What a day!!! Going to Shriners is always an adventure for us!! Will post pictures of our sweet monkey later!

No comments:

Post a Comment