Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Thursday, December 15, 2011

Making a list and checking it twice, Christmas planning, Baking, Seeking the Savior (and an Occasional Silent Night)

"Hurry up! Chop chop kids we are going to be late for church!

"Hey, get the door already! FedEx is waiting for a signature on those packages!"

"Step it up kids! We've got to get this house cleaned before everyone gets here!

Dash, dart, hurry and scurry. Geez, it's no wonder the holidays cause my stress level and BP to rocket and my Santa hat spinning in circles. Added activities and more gift buying responsibilities, I find myself on a seasonal treadmill that doesn't have a "slow down or off button". Instead, it has a crank it up button that tends to twist itself! 

In the midst of shopping, tinseling, frosting, wrapping, and baking, we can easily miss the true meaning of Christmas. December 26th rolls around and we collapse into our favorite pj's and comfy chair, exhausted and empty. (wallets too)

What happened to that peaceful Christmas? What happened to those sweet memories I wanted to create this year? What happened to us decorating the tree as a family and singing Silent Night and sipping chocolate cocoa? (yeah right)

Wouldn't it be great to spend a little more time seeking the Savior? How much more meaningful would our Holiday be if Christ was truly the center of every Christmas celebration? After all, for so many of us, that is the goal. So, what happens? How is it that we veer off our intended path?

Society.

Screaming schedules?

Rush, bustle and Choas.

PT, OT, Speech, surgery, casting, Dr's appts, pre-op, post-op etc.

Come and Adore Him...

"But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people...a savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:10)

For the remaining days leading up to Christmas, I will ponder these words and Good News while I bake, shop, clean house for family gatherings, and while I watch my children argue over what games they are going to play on the wii. :)

As I plug in the Christmas Tree I will remember that Jesus is the light of the world.

As I shop for the "expensive" gifts that my children want, I will remember the wise men and the gifts they brought to Jesus.

I vow to STOP and THINK, and PONDER the wonder of Christmas. The one who came to earth in a lowly manger so we might have eternal life.

It's profound.

It's Amazing.

It's indescribable.

I have so much to be thankful for! I have 3 amazing children that I love beyond words(they drive me nuts on occasion) I have an amazing husband that supports me, he is my best friend and he is the love of my life. I have a great family that I LOVE spending time with. And I am thankful to my sons birthmother, who decided to give him a better life, who chose us to parent him. I will ALWAYS be thankful for her! And I am so thankful for my Savior who died on the cross for me, for all of us. Who forgives us for our sins, who loves us, who knows us personally!

'Twas the  night before Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas when all through the Black's house,
Only mother was stirring because Ron was sleeping like a mouse.
Lexi, Zach, and Landen were all snuggled in their beds,
with visions of xbox, dirt bike, ipad, and play kitchens danced in their heads.
While I long for a house with beautiful holiday decor,
with garlands and yankee candles galore.
I have straightened and cleaned, getting the perfect look down pat,
Till the kids messed it up again in three seconds flat!
I sit here and think of scaling back the Holidays, Hey it's no crime!
I need to slow down, de-stress, take some time!
But there's so much to to do. How will it ever get done?
I just want me and the kids to have loads of fun!
When all of a sudden I hear a familiar voice,
saying "It's Christmas time, slow down and rejoice!"
It's not the fat jolly man in his red suit,
It's the smart, bald man named Dr Phil, Oh shoot!
So I think I will take the advice from the MD
slow down, rejoice, and spend time with my family!!!

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment