Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FINALLY!

I finally got a call today about Landen's stander. It was shipped today and will be in the distributors hands by Friday and we will have it in OUR hands by the time we go to physical therapy next Wednesday!!! FINALLY!!!  He was fitted for this stander the first week of December 2010 and we are just now getting it. That's crazy.

Other news....He's finally learning to "army crawl". We've tried to record him so we can post it on you tube and facebook but every time we get the camera out he stops. He's trying his hardest to pull up on things but his upper body just isn't strong enough yet.

His birthday party was GREAT! We had a great time with family and friends. My friend Courtney made Landen a cake with no eggs and a whipped topping so he could just dig in but he didn't like the texture of it after he touched it. He ended up having a sucker instead of cake. Thanks anyways Courtney...we finished off the cake for him by Sunday.  Also Landen got 2 car/wagons for his birthday and we decided to keep them both b/c he absolutely LOVES it! We have been on more rides around the neighborhood and in our yard looking at the fruit trees than we have the entire time we've lived in this house. We went to Zach's baseball game last night and I literally pushed him around in his car the entire game minus like 15 minutes so he could love on his pawpaw for a few minutes. =)

I HAD A VERY SCARY MOMENT YESTERDAY.  After work we came home and had our usual cereal for breakfast and a bottle. After bath and a few minutes of playing with his birthday toys I started to rock him to sleep for a quick 20-30 minutes before we had to head to OT. As I was rocking him, his body went limp. Now I knew he was tired, but not that tired! I picked his head up and he was choking and turning blue. After several BEATS on the back, hard back rubs, and freaking completely out, scooping his mouth......he finally blew chunks ALL over the place. All over the rocking chair, floor, him, me (and all down my shirt) then he took a deep breath and laid his head on my shoulder for about 3 seconds before he started again! Needless to say I ran late for therapy and thanked the lord that I was right there when it happened b/c what would have happened if I wasn't with him?  THIS IS THE REASON I DON'T LEAVE HIM WITH ANYONE ELSE NOR NEED BABY SITTERS!  I rarely take my eyes off my son all day when I am home with him. If I have to go to the restroom, he's with me, if I have to take a shower, he goes to the bathroom and plays with his toys while I am in the shower...And if he eats something, I NEVER look away from him b/c he could choke at any minute. I think if I left him with someone even for an hr I would have a nervous breakdown wondering if he's choking and no one watching him. I have wonderful family members that would be tickled pink to watch Landen even for a few hrs but after that episode yesterday....Landen might be 12 before I leave him with ANYONE! Landen looks as healthy as any other baby and acts just like any other baby and without his braces on, you would NEVER think that Landen was special needs but the fact is, he is fragile!

Shriners F/U is coming up in a few weeks. May 26th he will be having a CMG (pretty sure he has a bladder infection even though we continue to take the antibiotic daily) he has a follow up CT on his head and he will be getting a renal scan too. Busy busy day for monkey. I better take lots of suckers! =) Oh, and I can't forget a few extra change of clothes b/c it never fails that he poops every where when we go to Greenville.

Here's a few pictures from the birthday party, him at the park and his new car.

(We all had matching Team Landen shirts with a #1 on the back.)












No comments:

Post a Comment