Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Monday, May 16, 2011

Nothing new today...


Today was pretty much a "non productive" day. I watched my sweet boy play with toys, put his sand bucket on his head and say "hat". Some days...ok, EVERY single day I watch my baby and just fall deeper in love with him(which by the way is hard to believe considering how much I love him). As I watch him smile and laugh at me and blow kisses, fake laugh, scream (because he can't speak the words he wants to say)I wonder HOW ON EARTH people CHOOSE to abort their baby...HOW? I am sooooo thankful to Landen's birth mother for giving him life! Although I am not Landen's Birth mother I am his mommy no matter what. I got this poem from a friends blog who not only has adopted but is going on that wonderful journey again.

In My Heart
Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own,
And don't forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart but in it.

Adoption is a beautiful thing. I can't find the words to explain it. It is pure love.

Today...my "non productive day", while Landen was napping, I looked on a few adoption websites that I OFTEN surfed while going through the adoption process before Landen. My heart ached as I looked through profiles and profiles and profiles of children just waiting to go to their forever homes. Which leads me to my rant and frustration....WHY SO FREAKIN EXPENSIVE TO ADOPT A CHILD THAT HAS BEEN THROWN AWAY BY HIS/HER PARENTS or abused,neglected,sexually abused,etc? It completely baffles me.

Another poem that my wonderful friend has on her blog is below too. What a beautiful poem. I pray that they will find their 2nd forever child soon!


KISSES IN THE WIND    (The Waiting Child's Lullabye)

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

That just brings tears to my eyes!

So today during my non productive day I send out prayers to those beautiful children just waiting for their forever families and to those individuals who are waiting to adopt their forever child. It is a long process, very expensive, and emotionally draining but OH SOOOOOO worth it in the end.
As I watch my beautiful son(with a yellow bucket on his head) I wonder how on earth I could ever live without him. He's amazing, beautiful,bright, funny, silly, handsome, full of energy, special, a son of God and MY SON! Adoption is beautiful and I pray that Ron and I will find a way to adopt again one day...sooner than later!
I'll leave you with a few pictures of my silly boy playing and putting his "hat" on. 









2 comments:

  1. Hi Ron and Tosh,
    I found your site through the spinabifidaconnections site. Laden is absolutely adorable!!! Laden is one lucky kid to have such a great family! Can't wait to follow more adventures!

    My son Nick is 18 months, his level is S1 and he has a vp shunt as well. I have a blog as well.

    ReplyDelete