Welcome

Landen has been (and is) such a priceless and eternal blessing to our family since his arrival. As you can tell, he's absolutely adorable and happy. We simply can't get enough of him!
As of August of 2013 we added another addition to our family, Brigit Nicole. She is missing part of her 3rd chromosome. We are still learning every day new things about her disability. We have a total of 4 kids and couldn't be happier!



The purpose of our site is to reach out to others who have Angels with Spina Bifida (or other special needs) for a supportive bond.

Please feel free to contact us @ ronandtosh@comporium.net



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

YEP, ANOTHER ONE!

We had our CT TR today with Dr Troup and he showed us the films from 7 mos ago to the one he had last Thursday and holy cow, what happened? His shunt is completely blocked!  Dr Troup says, "Yep, we need to revise his shunt." Backing up a little bit...

Last night was HORRIBLE! He was up until after 3am, crying out and nothing made him comfortable. He finally fell asleep a little after 3am and after pretty much shoving me off the bed, my body hanging on the side like a thread and my head just bobbing off the side. Yes, my entire body hurt this morning. Boy, the things we do for our kids. Whatever made him sleep though, I was willing and able. So, tomorrow is the day. We have to be at Greenville Memorial by 11am and the surgery will start at 12:30p. He will stay overnight and Ron and I will be sleeping on the most uncomfortable bed/couch (if that's what you want to call it). I will miss Zach's graduation Thursday morning...sniffle, sniffle! Atleast his dad will be there and he can take lots of pictures for me. Speaking of graduation, I can't believe Zach will be in Middle School and I will have a Sophmore too. I guess that's where the gray hair is coming from?

Anyways.... I am hoping that this shunt will atleast last us a few years..that's all I'm asking, not too much to ask I don't think. =)

Well, please pray that everything goes well and we will make it home Thursday afternoon if all goes well! We love our Neuro Team in Greenville and have lots of faith that everything will go smoothly! Like Dr Troup says, "it's just like riding a bike in the park" (regarding the revision of shunts). Let's hope he doesn't fall off his bike tomorrow..atleast not on Landen's surgery! =)

Wish Landen luck and keep him in your prayers for the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment